Welcome to Luxury Wellness!
Massage has many important health benefits. In fact, massage can help you maintain physical, mental and emotional well being, especially when it is part of your regular wellness routine.
The Health Benefits of Massage
* Massage calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well being.
* Massage reduces tension and anxiety.
* Massage improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
* Massage stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products.
* Massage prevents and relieves muscle cramps and spasms.
* Massage therapy can help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica and muscle spasms.
Remind yourself of these health benefits if you start to feel guilty about getting a massage!
Massage is not a good idea if you have a fever, infections, inflammation, osteoporosis and other medical conditions.
If you have any questions about whether a massage would be right for you, ask to speak to a massage therapist before you make your appointment.